Sunday, August 29, 2010

An Homage to Cheese


I can't break it. There is always cheese on EVERYTHING.

At most mainstream restaurants I go to - and even independently owned ones, there is cheese on everything. And if it's not cheese, it's meat. And often both.

So, I haven't been able to go one week as a true vegan because I eat out at least twice a week with friends, family, or the new bf. It's hard to go to places (especially with a bf who doesn't eat spicy food, enjoys eating meat, and doesn't tell me where he wants to eat EVER, just that he doesn't want to eat THERE.)

So, I'm settling. I'm eating cheese if I must, and never eating meat. That's what I've chosen, and I'm okay with it. Because cheese is f-ing good, and it's not a lot. And I know I'm not supposed to be eating it because it's made from milk that is taken from cows and goats that are being harmed, but sometimes I just need to eat cheese.

And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment