Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Rules

Alright. I'm sure some of you saw this coming. I have to make new rules for myself before I seclude myself from my friends. I need to be able to eat cheese at restaurants. Last night, Saba invited me out to eat here, but everything on the menu either had meat or cheese. Honestly, I couldn't have eaten anything there. And, since I won't eat meat (a. because I usually never ordered meat anyways as restos and b. because I haven't eaten meat in about a month so I will get sick if I eat it) I had to go with the cheese option. I ordered the portabello and eta pasta. I'm not going to lie, that salty cheese tasted good. Could I have ordered it without cheese? Yes. But, I am not the type of person who likes to make a lot of changes with the waiter. I don't like to cause a problem.
So, I've decided that if I can't get anything on the menu that is vegan, I will opt for the cheese option, still having no other dairy or meat.
The last thing I want to do is tell people I can't go out with them because I might not be able to eat. I have decided that when at home and cooking for myself, I will stay strictly vegan as I have been. But, when out, I will opt for cheese. Not purposefully, just if I'm forced, you know, by my 4'11 friend Saba.

No comments:

Post a Comment