Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Famoso

Last night I had the most enjoyable evening of dinner and entertainment provided by my friend Amy's choir, Belle Canto for their pre-Italy tour concert.

First, the food. I went to Famoso both because of the easily accessible downtown location and the delectable reputation it has for being voted "Edmonton's #1 pizza." First, I ordered a half order of the caprese salad. It was a new take on the caprese which usually has tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese. This one substituted fresh baby greens for the basil. It was scrumptious! This is how Rach makes it http://rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=400

Then came the Primavera pizza which is 11 inches of gold. Topped with artichokes, onions, kalmata olives, and red peppers, the pizza was great! I finished half and brought the rest for lunch today, which was just as good cold, BTW.

Then it was off to the choir recital at http://www.rwuc.org/ where Belle Canto sang 24 selections that they will be performing on their tour in Italy. I was filled with harmony and perfect pitch for 2 delightful hours!

What an evening!

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciated you coming to the concert, Alli! And Famoso is my favorite place-of-the-moment, so I agree - GREAT day for you all around!

    I'll be keeping an eye on your blog so keep writing!

    ReplyDelete