Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Celebration


Today is a day I will never forget. It's the day that Miss G's family became whole again: her dad and brother arrived from Jamaica to live here permanently. I will be heading to the airport later tonight to great them, along with some other friends of the family. I can't wait for them to be a full fledged family doing things together!
On a foody type note . . .
I went to Planet Organic after work today - but this time, the south side location, which I forgot was much bigger than the one downtown. It has way more variety! I was so pleased, and I realised something: Everything is going to be okay. I have been having a bit of anxiety (shocking) over eating vegan. But now I know things taste good - samples of So Good chocolate ice cream were helpful - and I can eat most of the same things, just prepared in a different way. My biggest food phobias are things with weird names and things that look like they have a texture I couldn't handle in my mouth. Tofu and tempeh - two of the biggest vegan stables totally turn me off (at this point). But, I am trudging onwards in hopes for a healthier lifestyle.
I came home and made vegan cream of potato soup with potatoes from the farmer's market. I also made a recipe of Garden Green Goddess Dip. The recipe can be found here. http://www.veganchef.com/ It's really tasty and will be good with veggies, pitas, and chips. Yum!
One of my favourite things to do in the whole world is cook. So, having to cook a lot of my meals again has been making me really happy. Especially when they are new and taste good. I can't wait for supper tomorrow to eat my potato soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment