Friday, July 16, 2010

Pizza


This morning I had it all planned out - home made pizza for supper. This is something I'm pretty famous for, with my pizza stone from Pampered Chef. However, this time I had to do it vegan. Except, when I got home, the dough hadn't mixed in the bread maker. (I was using my mom's - so maybe that's why.) I was a tad heartbroken. But, I went off to Safeway and bought Amy's Soy Cheese Pizza as a base and then put my own toppings on (with more cheese). It was delicious!


I was worried about two things - veggie pepperoni and soy mozzarella. Verdict = both were awesome. The pepperoni was hidden amongst all the vegetables, so I couldn't really taste it. (I might leave it off next time). And, the mozzarella melted wonderfully and tasted exactly the same as regular mozzarella. Success!!


I can envision many more vegan pizzas in the future.


Here's a pic of the leftovers. (I know I mentioned a pizza stone and this is on a normal cookie sheet. I used the pizza stone for the one I made for the rest of the fam - non vegan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment