Monday, July 26, 2010

Homemade


I love to cook. Now that I am vegan, I have to do way more cooking, which is really nice. I love being back in the kitchen.

Lately, I've been finding it hard to eat beans every day. I should really be doing it twice a day. To get by, I eat a lot of hummos. Today, I tried to think of bean dishes that I like, and instantly thought of my homemade minestrone soup. So good.

I take some onion, grated carrot, and grated zucchini and throw it in a big pot with olive oil to soften. I add a clove or two of garlic. Then I add a whole box of vegetable broth, bring it to a boil. Then I add some whole wheat macaroni. That cooks until the macaroni is el dante. Then I add a can of whole tomatoes and a can of navy beans. That cooks for just a few mins. Then I wilt in some spinach (or in today's case, swiss chard) and some parsley. Done.

So easy, and so delish. It really fills you up too. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment