Thursday, July 15, 2010

Taco Thursday


Well I did a bad thing today and although I brought my lunch to work, I didn't feel like eating it and bought something at the cafeteria instead. I ended up with a grilled cheese sandwich and poutine. Good Lord. I think that's a vegan's worst nightmare. But it was so gooooooood. Reminded me of the days at AOL eating lunch with AM.

So this evening, I knew I had to be super good. On the way home I stopped at SuperStore and made up this meal in my head (thank you very much.) I made vegan tacos and Mexican rice. It was really simple, honestly it took less than 5 mins. The tacos were shells with lettuce on the bottom and then a mixture of salsa, black beans, and corn. The rice was Uncle Ben's brown rice that you cook in the microwave with taco seasoning. It was simple, and so good. I could have put some soy cheddar on it, but if you read my last post, you know I'm not such a huge fan.

Tomorrow I'm making my very first vegan pizza. I love my pizza stone and have been dying to use it since I moved back home (cringe). I'm making my own vegan pizza, and then one for the rest of the fam.

I hope veggie pepperoni tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment